Friday, December 19, 2014

Jan - Let It Ride

Emotive post rock ambience from Jan with Let It Ride on Rok Lok Records. There's something I find so engaging about music played over found sounds, old recordings, people talking. It just kills me. Emotionally it just pulls my heart out. I still remember the first time I heard Spirit Ditch from Sparklehorses' Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot. When the voice message kicks in at the end, combined with that rusty guitar timbre, oh man. Jan is working all around that type of feeling here. Big washes of ambient guitar shimmer, subtly mixed electronic elements, and snippets of voice. Everything congeals into a mass of sound that feel narrative and thoughtful. Seven beautiful tracks.

Edition of 40 hand numbered copies home dubbed in real time. Stream in full and grab the physical over at the Rok Lok Bandcamp page.

No comments:

Post a Comment