Saturday, July 21, 2012

FAVRTSM - Tape I

Melancholic, lonely, manic piano compositions on the debut release from FAVRTSM, with Tape I on Sunup Recordings. Eight tracks of furious, desperate keys, each improvised and recorded in a single track. The entire tape feels distant, ghostly, almost victorian and antique, and yet discordant and chaotic. It's sad, and even heartbreaking at times. I particularly enjoyed the inclusion of the ancillary sound of starting and stopping recording, approaching the bench, etc. There is no processing to speak of, and zero electronics. The only real common threads tethering this to the tape scene are genuine heartfelt emotion, and the minimalist approach to presentation. But, I think, that is more than enough.

Stream, download, and preferably support via physical purchase over at the Sunup Bandcamp page.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this album. I got my tape the day it came out. Couldn't have described it better myself.

    ReplyDelete